Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2011, Willow is a global technology start up moving rapidly into it's next stage of growth. We are dedicated to the transformation of the built world. We are harnessing the true potential of data to transform disconnected built assets into living, learning, and evolving digital twins.
Ranked in Linked In's 2018 Australian "Top 25 Startups", you will be joining a team of performance driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative. Ideally you will be able to hit the ground running, but you will be surrounded by a supportive network of the Willow tribe.
Due to expansion, we are hiring a number of Senior Software Engineers and are open to remote working:
While Willow has offices in Sydney, Manila, Melbourne, New York, Seattle, London and Tel Aviv we believe that smart, collaborative people can be found anywhere in the world. Our Product & Engineering teams take this to heart and genuinely supports a work from anywhere approach coupled with the freedom and flexibility that remote work brings.
Our mission is to empower every person and organisation to connect with the built world in a whole new way. We achieve this mission powered by our Willow TwinTM software platform, with adoption accelerated by Willow Digital, combining two core offerings being Digital Engineering and Architecture.
You will be responsible for working closely with the Willow product team to deliver world class building/facilities management software. Continuous improvement, measuring and evaluating effectiveness and making improvements whilst sharing your knowledge with the team will all be instrumental in the role. You will develop best in class solutions and share these. Strong problem solving, decision-making and troubleshooting skills will also be essential to then engage in technical discussions around the design and build-out of new features.
At this point in time we are specifically looking for full stack and back end developers, but in the future will also be open to looking for people who can work across one or more aspects of our tech stack:
· Web: React, HTML, and CSS
· Mobile: Kotlin, Swift, and/or React Native.
· Back-end & APIs: Azure PaaS services, C#, ASP.NET Core, Azure SQL, and more
· IoT: IoT Edge and Azure IoT related services
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure team deliverables meets the agreed Definition of Done and quality standards
- Work as a member of a software development team, building software solutions that deliver on the vision of the Product Owner
- Deliver high quality, maintainable, and secure software solutions
- Work with the team and Product Owner to refine the vision and features into smaller, deliverable user stories
- Collaborate with the development team on design ideas, technical challenges, and code reviews
- Find ways to continuously improve productivity and efficiency within the team
- Remain transparent in your work and share knowledge with others
- Extensive experience with Back-end & APIs: Azure PaaS services, C#, ASP.NET Core, Azure SQL, and more
- Excellent and fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and collaborative coding practices
- Comfort in performing non-coding tasks that aid the team's ability to deliver
- A proven history of collaborating to add value rather than just delivering on stated requirements
- Experience in mentoring others and exhibiting a growth mindset
- Excellent experience in developing distributed, cloud-based solutions; client applications and/or back end services
- Excellent proven experience in test automation (unit, integration, functional, and more)
- Excellent attention to detail and a disciplined delivery approach
- Extensive experience working in agile teams and a DevOps culture
- Ability to work quickly whilst still delivering maintainable, well written solutions
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about out fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com or contact Sarah Gawman at SGawman@Willowinc.com for an open conversation.
24 days ago
22 days ago
23 days ago
22 days ago
23 days ago
21 days ago
20 days ago