Do you love to work a piece of written communication into a masterpiece? Are you that eagle-eye proofreader who notices a misplaced colon or skewed spacing around an em dash? Are you in awe of, and have you mastered, the mightiness of the pen? If so, we should talk. Airbase is looking for a talented individual with both impeccable writing skills and a penchant for understanding what audiences will “hear” to serve as a marketing copywriter. This entry-level position is ideal for a recent college graduate or a writer looking to break into marketing and/or the tech industry.
Airbase is a software company that creates spend management accounting software for small to mid-sized companies. Your communications must connect with, and be of value to, finance professionals, including CFOs, finance managers, accountants and bookkeepers.
This role requires a demonstrated ability to write compelling, accessible, and informative copy. Knowledge of finance or accounting is a big plus. You will be responsible for a wide variety of projects including long-form communications (e.g. white papers and blog posts), and short form e.g. newsletter, website, and new feature release copywriting.
This position is remote and will require at least 4 working hours per day within 7am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8).
Position Summary, Responsibilities, And Expectations
- Create compelling, accessible, and value-added copy that is consistent with the established company tone.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar for 1 blog posting per week, research and draft (750 - 1,400 word) blog post per that schedule plus occasional event driven pieces.
- Edit/proof copy from other Airbase teams and enforce the company style guide.
- Develop a strong depth of knowledge of Airbase products and our market personas.
- Take the lead on finalizing the company style guide for written communication.
- Assist in the creative process for upcoming marketing campaigns.
- Accurately track the progress of copywriting projects and drive them through approvals with stakeholders to ensure that they are completed on time, with a consistently high level of quality.
- Write compelling, action-oriented demand creation pieces in both long and short-form, in partnership with our head of growth.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Experience creating clean, engaging copy for public use – e.g. school paper, website, blog, etc. Even better if it’s B2B content.
- Prior employment as a copywriter or editor is a plus, but not required. Great writers without any professional experience will be considered.
- Able to provide examples of past work, including long-form pieces over 500 words
- Prior experience or knowledge of finance or accounting a plus.
- Highly dependable independent worker.
- Excellent time management skills, with a track record of delivering quality content to clearly defined deadlines.
- Demonstrate your passion for the above in a personalized cover letter. Applicants without a relevant cover letter WILL NOT be considered.