Senior Back-end Developer
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Senior Back-end Developer (Platform)
Location - Remote
Start Date - ASAP
About the Role
8x8 UK is seeking a talented Senior Back-end Developer to join our growing technology team. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 Engineering team and be involved in the entire life-cycle of development of a state-of-the-art cloud communications platform, integrating a variety of services such as phone, email, web collaboration, meeting, messaging, and video.
In this role you will help maintain, design and develop key-features for our platform - both a new cloud-based platform and the migration of legacy services to the new platform. The role will consist of both Greenfield and Brownfield projects so you must be comfortable switching between both. You will get to work on some exciting new technologies but there will be work bringing our existing services up to date.
Our platform makes extensive use of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud and the stack is primarily written using Java.
The technology stack, including voice (PBX etc.), is entirely owned by 8x8 which means engineers get the chance to work in a wide range of roles within the whole eco-system.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
• As the position is remote, you must be comfortable working autonomously.
• Understand, interpret and clarify functional requirements as well as technical requirements for the project;
• Work together with product and development teams to define software specifications;
• Collaborate and lead architecture and design decisions driving platform direction;
• Implement and maintain back-end functionality supporting front-end services and applications.
• 3+ years of Java experience
• Comfortable working with micro-services back-ends (Kubernetes, Docker, Spring Cloud).
• Work well as part of a team - knows when to push their ideas but also when to accept that a decision has been made.
• Full life-cycle development experience (CI/CD Jenkins/Bamboo or other), knowledge of modern development practices and processes (Agile/Scrum).
• Knowledge of spring and up to date with the latest features and functionality;
• Experience of API first approach to design, unit and end-to-end component testing techniques.
• Some exposure to ‘Observability’ and performance monitoring using tools such as New Relic, Wavefront, Splunk etc.
• Motivated self-starter, comfortable leading and directing other engineers, able to influence.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills a must as the position is remote and you will be required to communicate well over different mediums.
• Experienced at estimation in an agile environment and delivering on time using Agile/Scrum.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
Working at 8x8
• Industry-leading, award-winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
• Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
• Encouragement and environment to make a difference
• Fun – check out our Instagram posts, the smiles are real- https://www.instagram.com/lifeat8x8_uk/
• Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
20 days ago
18 days ago
19 days ago
18 days ago
19 days ago
17 days ago
16 days ago