Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If this sounds like the right environment for you to continue your software engineering career, then please submit an application. We’d love to talk with you!
About The Team
Drop Engineering contains a number of seasoned developers who have scaled web apps beyond 10M daily active users. With our combined experiences we’ve distilled good practices and processes to ensure a healthy, sane, and efficient work environment. We’re all about quality engineering, not big egos; the best ideas win here.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. We’re looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada.
About the Role
Drop Engineering is a small, fast-moving team dedicated to fundamentally changing the way enthusiast communities buy and interact online. We’re looking to grow our engineering team with a seasoned web developer who ideally has experience with React.js and Node.js.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be a key contributor to technology at Drop. You’ll have a direct impact on the company by developing some big and exciting projects. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, Design and Data teams to deliver amazing experiences to our enthusiast communities as we grow and scale.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is a full-stack web developer who is strong in a majority of the bullet points below:
- Have a history of strong technical ownership on past web development projects - were you the “go to” person to get something built/investigated/fixed?
- Have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Able to deliver complex software projects on time and at high quality.
- Understand the value of team processes and are able to help others abide by them.
- Are comfortable providing development time estimates, both rough and detailed.
- Have experience with “ops” work - able to resolve production breakages or emergencies while maintaining a cool head.
- Have strong written and verbal communication - especially when interacting with other disciplines such as Product Management and Design.
- Enjoy mentoring others.
And proficient with most of:
- MySQL or other relational db
- AWS or other cloud environment
Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.