Senior Technical Writer
Join Rally Health’s Product Knowledge team as a remote Sr. Technical Writer, where you will write documents about Rally products that describe their value, features, and user interactions. Rally’s products help users navigate their health insurance, take advantage of their employers’ benefits, and improve their health and wellbeing.
You will create launch communication plans, write previews describing upcoming product capabilities, and provide post-launch documents like release notes, guides, and in-product FAQs. Our external audiences include health insurance payers, employers, and providers who have purchased our products. Our internal audiences include Rally partner teams responsible for understanding our products who repurpose our content for other deliverables like marketing, sales, and member support collateral. You’ll report to a Communications Operations Manager.
- Focus about 80% of your time planning and creating product documentation and 20% of time supporting process documentation.
- Work with product teams to create documentation plans and gather information about Rally’s initiatives to produce and distribute Product Knowledge content.
- Partner with management to develop Product Knowledge goals of improving the quality of our documents.
- Guide communication between the product development teams and other Rally teams to provide information about product plans.
- Apply Rally style to Product Knowledge documentation to ensure all communications are both professional and consistent with corporate identity; contribute to the evolution of Rally style.
- Identify opportunities to expand and enhance our Product Knowledge offerings as Rally continues to grow and evolve.
- Support and plan work with junior writers on the Product Knowledge team.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience professional writing.
- Background in the U.S. healthcare industry.
- Experience working with software product teams who use Agile development methodology.
- Experience performing complex process analysis and improvement.
- Familiarity with Atlassian's project management application, JIRA, or similar products.
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).