Full Stack Engineer
SaferCities design and run a platform for NZ Police that helps save lives and make our cities safer.
We provide Police a private cloud that connects to the existing base of security cameras across communities to enable a video connected city purposed for safety.
The benefit is an increased ability for Police to deploy, manage and react to the safety and protection of people, property and services so they can see before, during and after a call for help.
Through our open technology innovation, a council, shopping mall, school, restaurant or business can share security cameras privately and securely to ensure Police have direct and real time access when they need it.
Today we connect NZ Police to more than 3000 cameras from a broad mix of public service and commercial customers including transportation, business associations, parks, venues, restaurants and retail businesses.
The March 15th incident in Christchurch and COVID19 means we are scaling our engineering team to execute on an exciting roadmap.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer with Front-End focus who also shares our passion for making cities safer to work on a variety of projects. Our UI’s are React-based and our backend infrastructure is almost exclusively Typescript running on a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster.
Our UI’s are React-based and our backend infrastructure is almost exclusively Typescript running on a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster.
As an experienced full stack engineer youʼll be able to touch all aspects of the code base, and lead internal projects where and when required.
To ace this role you...
- Have experience building apps in React
- Are experienced in TypeScript / Nodejs
- Experience designing new architectures, enjoy exploring new technologies and have a keen attitude to solving problems in innovative ways
- Have a passion for microservices and separating code into clear-cut modules
- Have experience developing with Docker and some experience or exposure to Kubernetes
- Security awareness both at an OS level as well as through application vulnerabilities - security is very important to us
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with GStreamer or understanding of video technologies and WebRTC
- Have history of dealing with IoT devices
- Have some basic networking understanding
- The position is currently a contract, however it could transition to a full time role for the right person
- The role comes with the ability to work from home & interact with your team remotely
- Competitive remuneration for someone offering the right talent
- Our office is located in East Auckland (15 mins from City) with free onsite parking
- You will join a supportive & fun team who all believe strongly in what we do
- As engineers we have the ability to work closely alongside our customers, including NZ Police as we continually evolve the solution
- You will be joining the early team who will continue to build and scale the product with creative and innovation responsibilities as we progress the roadmap
- We are utilising bleeding-edge technologies throughout the SaferCities platform
- There is plenty of scope for this role, and it could grow in any number of directions depending on where you excel!
Apply now if you have a passion for saving lives, working with Police and making our communities safer, all while having fun and learning new stuff!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and an up to date Passport.