Senior Frontend Developer
MeiliSearch is an open source search engine. Our mission is to create a best-in-class search experience for every website and application. We strongly believe the best way to realize our vision is to leverage the open source community's power.
We are building a blazing fast and ultra-relevant search engine made in Rust that allows having a powerful search engine without configuration. Features such as typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided out-of-the-box.
We already have many integrations and SDKs to allow any developer to try MeiliSearch in their environment quickly. As an open source company, we have a vibrant connection with our community of early adopters and builders. We are in contact every day and eagerly listen to feedback from our contributions.
We raised a €1.5m pre-seed round in may, and are backed by LocalGlobe, Seedcamp and Kima. We have already partnered with industry heavyweights like Louis Vuitton and Platform.sh.
Some facts about MeiliSearch:
- Team of 8 people
- Fast-growing company
- Fully open source
- +5000 GitHub stars in 6 months
- Based in France but fully remote
We are behind an ambitious open source project, our team is growing fast, and we are committed to delivering the best experience to our community.
Following our last fundraising, we decided to enlarge the team to accelerate. By building a search engine, a tool to improve the user experience, we must create the best experience for our users in all areas. That's why we decided to recruit our first frontend developer.
You will be involved in these critical subjects:
- You will develop the MeiliSearch dashboard from scratch using the stack of your choice (Must be a standard). You will focus on the usability of our dashboard through frontend development.
- You will also be the company's first frontend developer. As such you will have a great deal of influence on our frontend designs, reporting directly to the founders.
- You are willing to participate in our open source community by writing blog articles, participating in our documentation, and talking with our users.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, and you are comfortable integrating HTML/CSS components.
- You have an affinity with design and product. You always have the end-users in mind and want to create the best experience for them.
- You know how to be rigorous and pragmatic in your work. You work in an organized manner with test coverage. You are familiar with code review.
- You have excellent communication skills, and you know how to work with a team, you also are autonomous. You already had an experience with remote work; you are looking for a remote job.
- You are fluent in English.