QA Embedded Systems Engineer
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a specialization in embedded software systems to design system tests and automation systems for new embedded software designs.
In this role, you will work on a highly collaborative team of developers, product managers, and SQA engineers on new product releases. You will drive best practices in test automation and design, and provide meaningful design feedback to your teammates.
- Design system tests and test automation systems for new embedded software designs, using python, C/C++, simulation and remote procedure control of embedded systems
- Review requirements, perform tests, and provide timely and meaningful design feedback to embedded software engineers, mechanical engineers, and project managers
- Experience with using SQL (Postgres) queries to research issues, evaluate backend data and measure performance
- Curiosity and detective skills to dig into problems to find the root causes, and the ability to work with developers to dig deeper as needed
- Create and share documentation on design, testing, and implementation of embedded systems
- Perform feature and regression testing of embedded software using manual methods as well as simulation, automation, partial automation, and scripting and document results.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs using Jira, test case tracking tools.
- Help drive best practices in test automation by working closely with QA engineers in other groups and sharing expertise and methods.
- BS degree in a Science or Engineering subject, or equivalent experience in a technical role
- 2+ years experience working with Linux, Python, SQL
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting embedded software issues
- Experience with version control systems including git
- Ability to read, write, and test high quality code using Embedded C, Python, and Java
Cambridge Mobile Telematics' (CMT) mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Since its first product launch in 2012 that pioneered mobile usage-based insurance, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, and fleets. CMT’s DriveWell platform uses mobile sensing and behavioral science to measure driving risk and incentivize safer driving, while its Claims Studio reduces the claims cycle time with real-time crash detection, crash reconstruction, and damage assessment using telematics and artificial intelligence. CMT has over 50 active programs with insurers and other partners, improving safety for millions of drivers every day around the world. Started based on research at MIT and backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund to fuel its rapid growth, CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow CMT on Twitter @cmtelematics.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k match)
- Life Insurance (Basic & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Stock Option Plan