Senior UI Designer
We're still hiring!
During these unique circumstances, our entire team is still working so we can continue to create remarkable experience for our customers around the world.
The Sr. User Interface Designer will be responsible for designing interfaces and interactions that encourage our customers to be successful with email marketing, driving innovation, elevating the design language produced by the AWeber UI/UX Team, and providing mentorship and guidance to other designers. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of UI design principles, experience creating and implementing design systems and style guides, strong knowledge of HTML/CSS, SASS stylesheets, and will be focused on using design as a method for solving user problems. The Sr. UI Designer will work closely with Design, Product, and Front End Engineering teams to effectively conceptualize and craft experiences that delight AWeber customers.
Check out some of our radical designs on our dribbble account.
What you do every day:
- Creating conceptual wireframes and user flows in cooperation with UX Designers
- Designing mockups of user interfaces
- Driving innovation by conceptualizing and helping to implement new design ideas and direction for the AWeber web application
- Building simple prototypes for user testing of interface elements and concepts with Design and Engineering teams
- Develop and manage SASS stylesheets for global UI Styles
- Provide mentorship and guidance in both design and technical issues for Jr. Designers
- Assure cross-browser and cross-platform support
- Actively engage in strategic planning with Marketing/Product counterparts in early stages of projects
What you're like:
- Self-motivated and directed
- Passionate about design
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Mentorship skills
What superpowers you have:
- Strong visual design skills as evidenced by a portfolio of previous work
- Experience creating interface mockups using the Adobe Suite or Sketch
- Ability to translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing visual interfaces
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Axure, or InVision
- Strong understanding of best practices in responsive layouts
- Ability to self-motivate, recognize gaps in products, and propose solutions without direct prompting
- Ability to design and prototype new and creative approaches to complex design problems
- Awareness of current trends in web and user interface design
- Ability to create icons and simple illustrations as necessary (strong illustration skills a plus)
- Proven ability to set and meet deadlines, manage time efficiently, and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Excellent collaboration skills, including the ability to provide guidance and mentorship
- Willingness to travel (10%-20%)
AWeber’s gone remote!
Since our beginning, AWeber has been committed to creating a safe, productive environment for all of our team members. Our commitment to deliver powerfully-simple email marketing software for small businesses will never change. We will find new ways to continue living our core values and use the latest and greatest technology to collaborate, grow, and ultimately create remarkable experiences for our customers - all from remote locations.
Even with this change, our mission has and never will waver. We remain dedicated to strengthening our culture and connecting people in remarkable ways so they can continue living their dreams, executing on their passions, and growing their businesses.
- 100% Remote - work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Strong culture that supports flexibility, entrepreneurialism, and collaboration. Think we should be doing something different? Share your feedback! We’re looking for you to add your AWesomeness to our culture.
We have some other pretty cool benefits to make your life easier:
- 100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision insurance (spousal and domestic partner benefits available).
- 4-7 weeks of paid time off and holidays (based on tenure).
- 4 week paid sabbatical (based on tenure).
- 401K retirement plan with 4% company match.
- Company Profit Share.
- Tuition reimbursement, conferences, and learning opportunities.
- Gym Memberships Reimbursement.
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Additional Supplemental Benefits (Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Additional Life Insurance)
- State of the art equipment.