UX Product Writer
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We are looking for a UX Product Writer to transform complex financial information and product/platform functionalities into simple, relatable and intuitive language for our existing and potential clients. As a UX Product Writer, you are expected to learn and understand our clients along with the details of our financial products and services. You are ultimately a product designer who solves problems with words – serving as a storyteller, user advocate/research, information architect and UX strategist. You will collaborate with key stakeholders in UI/UX, Product, Marketing and Quant Research to have an in-depth understanding of the product and produce high-quality content that is appropriate for our intended audiences. From easy-to-understand texts on the interface, comprehensive feature guides to scalable education scripts, UX Product Writer will play a critical role in bringing our innovative solutions to life.
- Deliver user experience product copy and related content, translating complex financial information into simple and comprehensible language for our existing and potential client audiences
- Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and strategize to produce high-quality content that is appropriate for defined and intended audiences
- Develop easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and user guides.
- Create content to help end-users use a variety of platform features and financial product information.
- Design, create, and maintain information architecture for Digital Experience Ecosystem
- Create scalable script framework for our growing demand for best-in-class multimedia education
- Identify new opportunities to innovate new ways of packaging content
- Innovate in content strategy and identify new opportunities to packaging your work and applying your skills in the rapidly evolving FinTech industry.
- 5–8+ years of professional product writing and content strategy experience
- At least 1 year of ux product writing experience
- A skill for translating complex technical talk into relatable, comprehensive, conversational language.
- A client and user-centric mindset that thinks about the end-to-end experience and opportunities.
- Strong opinions on how content fits into great products and where content fits into the product design process
- Experience working in UX (with designers or product managers)
- Experience in user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Agile.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, and strong ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues, partners, and other content producers
- Excellent ability to synthesize information and distill key takeaways
- Excellent editing skills with acute attention to quality and style
- Portfolio of relevant writing/content strategy work
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English composition, communications, business, design, or related field
- Experience with ADA-compliant content solutions.
- Financial, digital agency, or similar industry experience.
- Familiarity and intellectual curiosity about financial markets
- Comfort juggling a variety of tasks with limited supervision
- Self-starter who see gaps and provide solutions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup working culture
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets LLC spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.