This job can be based in our London office or fully remote from anywhere in the UK - forever!
At Lifted we're building a platform to redefine how we live at home, for longer.
We're a small group of software engineers, healthcare professionals, former government advisors and operations specialists. We've raised £3m in private and VC funding in the last 18 months and we are at the beginning of an exciting growth period.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to build out our core platform, help define our future roadmap and support the growth of our internal and external products.
This role will give you the chance to own and grow a critical part of Lifted's technology strategy. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges that directly improve the lives of many people and shape how society thinks about the future of care.
As a member of a small team you will need to be comfortable collaborating on technical concepts with the ability to deliver against them yourself. Real examples of problems you might solve include:
- Create an ETL pipeline to generate Machine Learning Datasets from multiple sources
- Design an API for infinite-scrolling content that supports multiple devices
- Implement a fault-tolerant automation process for generating and storing documents in S3
- Write a scheduled Lambda function that anonymises and ingests data into test environments
- Improve disaster recovery by increasing our use of Infrastructure as Code across the platform
We have a modern stack with a focus on developer experience and shipping quality software. As a senior member of the team you will inform our future choices, but initially you can expect to work with the following:
- Node.js, Typescript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Docker, k8s, Terraform, AWS, Grafana
The above is not a hard list of requirements. Never worked with Kubernetes but know your way around React? Great, we want you to apply!
Team, Culture, Flexibility
The Engineering team is small but growing, with senior engineers reporting directly to the CTO. We operate loosely under a Scrumban methodology, with an emphasis on short feedback cycles and continuous improvement. We don't believe DevOps is anyone's job title - instead we help each team member to be responsible for the full lifecycle of their software. We provide structured coaching and encourage each team member to identify how they want to grow through working at Lifted.
We are committed to building a remote-first engineering team. This role can be based in our beautiful, dog-friendly London office or fully remote from anywhere in the UK.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Share options scheme
- BYOD or choose brand new Linux / Mac / Windows laptop
- Choose the environment where you work best
- Personal training / conference budget
- Office doggos
- Play a part in transforming the care sector