Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 400,000 customers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
- Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do.
- Ownership | Own your part, get things done
- Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
- Mastery | Continuously raise the bar.
- Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people.
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 49% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
Our career track: At Qonto, we value your unique skills, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that celebrate your impact, without conventional labels like 'senior' or 'director'.
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're living in (or willing to relocate to) either Germany, France, Italy, Serbia or Spain.
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Lead Backend to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs, and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love!
⚡ Impact: As a Lead Backend, you will be part of a team of 120 highly skilled back-end engineers across Europe. You'll contribute directly to our product & the growth of your team.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Lead Backend at Qonto, you will
Build your own team:
• Manage a team of 3 to 5 Backend Engineers
• Provide regular feedback to your team members through 1-on-1s and quarterly progress reviews
• Foster the professional and technical growth of your teammates through mentorship, pairing, and delegation
• Build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture and make Qonto shine
• Conduct interviews to hire new team members
Drive the delivery:
• Work with engineering, product and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your cross-functional team
• Drive the delivery of your cross-functional team to meet business objectives
• Establish and use the best engineering practices to ensure high quality
• Design, build, test, document, run, review and maintain code in Golang, Python, or Ruby
• Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning,
• Help scale our backend code base while maintaining our strong engineering culture
• Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users daily
Our primary languages are Python, Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
🤔 What you can expect: our methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase of software delivery. We're putting a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. You can expect to focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We think success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and autonomy to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, focus one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future manager
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is Gabriel. With a deep experience in software craftmanship, he collaboratively shapes the backend vision alongside Guillaume. Before joining Qonto in July 2019, Gabriel served as a Lead Backend Engineer in fast-scaling companies like leboncoin.
• What he can bring to you and the team:
Gabriel has extensive experience in team management and a strong product mindset, and he's enthusiastic about nurturing our engineers' growth at Qonto as you will have the opportunity to work in a team that prioritizes high-quality software. He also cultivates and champions a highly collaborative workplace while embracing ambitious and challenging technical tasks.
• Leadership: You collaboratively lead the evolution of your cross-functional team.
• Team player: You have excellent communication skills, which help you diffuse knowledge across teams and align people to work successfully on their projects.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Go, Python and/or Ruby.
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.
Something went wrong.